Saturday, September 11, 2010

Choosing February's bag!

Okay everyone!  We've had some votes for January's bag, and voting will be open for another week.  Voting for February's bag will start today, and will end Saturday September 25 at noon.  Just a reminder that we will have voting for a new bag out every week, and each month will be open for voting for two weeks, so there will be some overlap.  Please contribute your votes!

For February, I thought it would be fun to do a diaper bag.  I don't know about you guys, but it seems as if when spring starts I have a never ending list of people I know who are having babies, and I feel that I have to make something for each and every one of them.  Diaper bags are nice because they are handy, and they are (hopefully) easy and quick for the person making them.  Even if you say to yourself, "Pah!  I'm not doing this month's bag because I don't know anyone having babies," it would be nice to make and donate to your local pregnancy care center, or just in case someone you know someday has a baby.  Anyway, I have three choices for this month, but if you have any suggestions please feel free to put them in the comments!

Bag one is the Mama Mia Diaper Bag from Favorite Things:

This bag includes 8 elasticized inside pockets, as well as a pattern for a changing pad that folds up into a clutch style piece with pockets for diapers and wipes.  This would double as a great tote bag, as well. :)  This bag's dimensions are 14" high, 20" wide, and 9" deep.

The second bag is the Nappy Bag from Amy Butler:


This bag includes a changing pad as well, with it's own storage case.  There is also a cell phone pocket on the outside.  This bag would also make a great tote bag if you don't want a diaper bag.  This bag's dimensions are 24" wide and 29" tall.

Bag three is the Double Duty Bag from Sew Baby:

This bag is reversible, and six roomy pockets on one side.  This pattern also includes directions for a changing pad.  The bag dimensions are 17" high, 14" wide, and 5" deep.

Those are the options that I found for diaper bags.  Again, if you see something else you like and would like that put in the running, feel free to mention it.  You will have until September 25 at noon to vote for February's bag.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Well girls you have out done yourselves... what to choose... I like the idea of a clutch sized diaper carrier changing pad!!! Great gifty thing for all the new mommies on my list!!! So I vote for #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I LOVE the look of the Mama Mia bag.....and lots of pockets, even if it is supposed to be a diaper bag.....I would love to make this one and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mama Mia is just so darn cute!! It gets my vote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, that anonymous comment was meant to be "signed" by me..... Ellen, East Millinocket

    ReplyDelete