Friday, November 11, 2011

For November: The Friday Bag!

Good Friday, everyone, and Happy Veteran's Day!  I hope that those of you who know people who have served or are still serving remember to thank them for their service today.

Today we at Garden Gate Fabrics would like to present November's bag, The Friday Bag!  This pattern has two options for your bag, either a quilted option or a reversible option.  I chose to make the reversible option, because the only thing better than a new bag is TWO new bags, right?!  We all know that I'm a bag lady!  Here is my bag, done in bright spring/summer prints because I'm sad about the onset of cold weather, although that does mean more cozy crafting time for me.  Not that I let things like outside chores get in the way of my crafting in the summer time, as you may well know.

This would be one side of the bag, and it features another orange pocket like the one shown on the other side of the outside, if that makes sense?  You may notice a little loop there that's looking kind of sad, that is there in the event that I find the perfect buttons for this bag and sew them on.  I haven't started looking for buttons yet, which may be contributing to the fact that it doesn't have any buttons on it.

This is the reverse of the bag, with pockets on the sides instead of the front and back.  You'll notice another sad buttonless loop on this side of the bag; two loops get added, and two buttons get added as well, since it's reversible.  Cool, right?

So of course I didn't measure the bag, or even try it on my person to give you an idea of how big it is.  But I would guess that it would fit nicely on my shoulder, and hit me about at my natural waist, if that makes sense.  It's a good sized bag, but not huge.  We will be having the class for this bag on Saturday, November 26.  This is the Saturday after American Thanksgiving, just as a headsup.  The cost for the kit and class will be $42.  We will also be offering to cut your bag out for you ahead of time, at a cost of $10 per hour.  You will need to pick out your fabrics ahead of time, however, as I won't have time to cut on the day of the class. :)  We are recommending that you come pick out your fabrics ahead of time and cut them before the class, if you can, because that will allow you more time for sewing.  Please call the shop at (207)764-3800 to sign up for the class, as space is limited!  We hope to see you there.  Thanks for checking out this month's bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment