Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cable palooza!

Okay, so first of all, I haven't stopped using tons of exclamation points in my posts, sorry about that.  But really, don't expect it to stop too soon.

Today, I wanted to share a scarf that I knit last summer.  I haven't really knit a whole lot, it just seems like it to those who are around me a lot because I have recently gone a little wild about it.  I am currently obsessed with Lion Brand yarn, patterns, blogs, catalogs, etc.  So, the scarf I am going to show you were knit using Lion Brand yarn, and a Lion Brand pattern.  The Lion Brand website has so much to offer knitters and crocheters.  All you have to do is sign up for a free account, and you can view over 3,000 patterns!  Wowzah!  Really, it's pretty great.  Anyway.

This scarf was knit over the beginning of the summer, and I finished it while I was working in the flower building at the Northern Maine Fair.  It was kind of rainy and cold during the fair, which was unfortunate for everyone who was not sitting inside a building knitting a wool scarf.  I saw this scarf in the first catalog that Lion Brand put out, and I bullied my brother into asking me to make it for him.


 
He described what color he wanted it to be, after MUCH deliberation.  He's going to school for graphic design, so color is kind of a big thing for him.  I looked at Wal-Mart for yarn, but couldn't find exactly the color he wanted, so purchased some the next time I went to Joann's in Bangor.

I ended up picking Lion Brand Wool-Ease in grey heather, and it was absolutely wonderful to work with.  This yarn is a 20% wool 80% acrylic blend, making it easy care, so if you throw it in the wash it won't shrink down to fit your Barbie doll.  It's also warm and soft, but not itchy, which makes it even nicer.



This was my first project using cables, and I loved it!  My kitten Pip loves it too, obviously.  Even after the six feet that Jake made me knit, I still loved cables!  Soon, I'll show you the scarf I knit for my sister Katie, a reversible cable scarf.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment